Friday, February 19, 2010

it's tricky when

"With a palmful of stars
I throw them like dice
Repeatedly
I shake them like dice
And throw them on the table
Repeatedly
Repeatedly
Until the desired constellation appears"

let's try this again.

why is it that we always seem to miss each other? the timing is always off with you and i. and, somehow, you always seem to find me again. i never wait around for you. i know you wouldn't want me to.

i've never been the type to hesitate. Regret is my least favorite feeling. so, once again, i am not waiting around for you, i'm going to take another chance on something else and see where this takes me. i think it will be very worth it.

i do miss those long drives and aimless conversations.
we seemed to say everything and nothing all at once.

"i love that, no matter how long we go without talking, it feels like nothings changed."
"me too."

i feel like we're back in that empty parking lot, in your white alero, years ago and you're telling me how you're so sorry, but that this is all you can give me and i'm still strangely content with the idea because somehow i know that one way or another i'll always have you.

you're the only bridge i haven't burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment